Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Who’s Fault Is It? – Part IV

 

God is Love! So, where is God as we go through the suffering that we have to endure in this life? He is where He always is, right there with us. He has told us ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’ (Heb 13:5). He also said He would send us help, a counselor (John 14,15,16), to guide us through life on this earth, and help us to overcome the evil that exists. God is our protector, our trust, He strengthens us during suffering and He is our saving grace through our hope and faith in Him (1 Cor 13:7).

I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing I could have done to change what happened to me. I started making a change of lifestyle and two months later I experience a series of small strokes. Whether I had or hadn’t started the diet, exercise and healthier living, the result would have been the same.

There is no getting around the fact that evil exists in the world and there is a force that interferes with our personal lives. Some call the force Satan, others Lucifer, and still others the devil. Whatever you want to call the force, it is real and it or he causes our suffering. Especially when we are trying to good, when we are seeking what God wants us to do, when we are fulfilling our God given purpose, the evil one is right there doing everything he can to stop us.

That is exactly the reason that I experienced the recent series of events in my life. In a matter of weeks, everything was thrown at me to try and get my focus off my God given purpose. It took a little bit for me, with my wife’s help, to see the attacks against me for what they really were, and for me to re-focus my  resolve to do the good that God had planned for my life.

Some of you who read this will agree and some will disagree. I just want to say that that everyone believes in something. I believe that things don’t just happen by chance. Everything happens according to a divine plan. The same way that man cannot create anything without a plan, God had to have a plan to create the heavens and the earth. How can something come to exist from nothing. There has to be a superior mind, with a plan or plans to make anything exist. Just like the superior minds of the ‘rocket scientists’ who put man on the moon, the superior mind of God put the moon up in the heavens for man to strive for.

God loves us, and God is always here with us, every time we go through trials or tribulations. If you want a glimpse of what God is like, what Jesus is like, get a copy of ‘The Shack’. Read about the suffering of a small child, the child’s family, and a father who went searching for the truth to his daughter’s death. What the father found was a loving, caring, Father God. Don’t take my word for it. Get the book and read it, but as you read it put any pre-c0ncieved notions of God aside. If you are a church going person, put everything you have been taught aside while you read ‘The Shack’, and let God reveal to you the parts that He wants you to understand, and the parts He wants you to forget.

If you have read ‘The Shack’ or once you do read it, please feel free to post your comments about the book below. Feel free to post your comments about my take on suffering and how you perceive suffering and why we suffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home