Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Who’s Fault Is It? – Part I

 

As I reflect back on the events of the last couple of months and try to figure out why I am going through all the tests the doctors have been putting me through, I start to blame myself. I blame my self for not listening to the doctor a year ago. I blame myself for not having the MRI done a year ago. I blame myself for not quitting smoking earlier in my life, especially since I had been told what it could do to my health.

I have come to the conclusion that it was not my fault and it probably would have happened no matter what I had done in the past. I have come to realize that there are forces in this world that we have no control over. Why do people get cancer? Why are kids and young people taken from us so young? Why do bad things happen to good people?

As I tried to answer the questions as they pertain to my particular situation and started searching myself and my beliefs it led me on a journey of trying to answer the question as to why bad things happen to good people. It took me on a personal journey of looking at life, my life, and why things happen the way they do. I started questioning my life and why if I was making things different, if I was making a life style change as my doctor suggested, why did one of the very things I was trying to avoid actually happen.

I was trying to avoid a heart attack or a stroke. After lowering my cholesterol 24 points, from 204 to 180, I experienced a TIA (mini-stroke). It just didn’t make any sense to me. Naturally I blamed myself for not following what the doctor had advised me a year earlier. So it was all my fault, or so I thought. It was then that I was reminded by my wife of the powers in this universe that work against us and try to defeat us, even to the point of death.

Please read along as I try to explain why suffering happens and why bad things happen to good people…

(To Be Continued)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home