Monday, January 08, 2007

One Saturday Morning...

On the way home from the men’s retreat those of us that attended decided we should have a monthly Men’s Fellowship group at church. We decided we start off with the first one on the first Saturday in March. I volunteered to get it going and organize it. Our church had tried men’s groups before but they had always fallen apart after a few months. Don’t really know why they didn’t last but I decided to give it a try and see if we could make it work.

On the first Saturday in March I arrived at the church at 6:30 am to get things started. A couple of the other men had stepped forward to help prepare breakfast. At 8:00 am we had a dozen men for our first Fellowship Breakfast. Not a bad start for a small church. We all enjoyed breakfast and then tossed around some ideas on how our men’s group could be of service to our church or community. The thought was that we needed a goal or vision to make the group take root. We decided to take up the subject again in April.

It appeared to be off to a good start. I was starting to see how God could and would use me. So far in 2006 February had been a tremendous blessing and March was off to a good start. I prayed everyday God would teach me his way and give me wisdom to do the right things. I was still learning. The middle of March was going to bring another lesson and blessing……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home